WTF?

Yep, I know that's what a lot of you are thinking. It's been too damn long since I've posted anything here and even longer since we had an alleycat in Bozeman. A few things have been going on, I'm going to take the liberty to use them as excuses:
  • the shop I work at moved and we've been really busy trying to not fall behind.
  • I've been working with a great bunch of folks trying to keep our trails from getting closed to mountain bikes, including putting together this site(which I encourage you to be part of).
  • You know, I'm not the only one who can put on an alleycat. Just sayin.
But I'm not writing to say what's been going on, I'm writing to tell you what kinds of awesome are coming up. For starters, polo has been happening every Wednesday like it was last year at 7 every Wednesday behind the Hawthorne School on the corner of Rouse and Mendenhall.
But the big news is this weekend. You might be aware of the Bozeman Stage Race happening this weekend (25th and 26th), also referred to in some circles as the Bozeman Omnium. It consists of a road race, time trial and Main Street sprints. Well, that's cool and all, but since I'd rather not hang out with a bunch of guys in lycra all day we're putting on the Bozeman alt.Omnium. Still three stages, one being the Main Street Sprints (which has a single/fixed gear class). Instead of the road race, we'll have an alleycat. Instead of the time trial, we'll play some hardcourt bike polo. And we'll probably drinka a lot of beer too.
I know this is short notice, and I can't guarantee any prizes other than a bit of cash, but if you can make it out to the BZN for a couple of days we'll make sure you have a good time and that you have a place to sleep. Shoot me an email if you have any questions.
Heads up- the Main Street Sprints are organized and run by the MBRA (or whoever is running it) and IS a USCF event. That means you need one brake (two if not running fixed) and a one day license. Looks like $25.

-DNA

0 comments:

Post a Comment