The Fixie Sixty was first held in October 2008 with an excellent showing of Bozeman cyclists turning out for a sixty mile course around the Gallatin Valley. With the fall season fast approaching it's time to hit the streets, highways, and dirt roads once again for the Fixie Sixty (2).
2008 Fixie Sixty participants
This year's course will be sixty (two) miles long and will weave throughout the beautiful roads and paths of the Gallatin Valley. This may include some light dirt riding but will be primarily asphalt. As the name implies, the race will be open to fixed gear bicycles only. This is a closed-manifest alleycat race, meaning that the course will be mostly pre-determined and racers will be required to follow said course stopping and various checkpoints along the way.
- Date: Saturday, September 25th, 2010
- Start: Rockford Coffee in Bozeman (628 W. Main)
- Time: Meet at 9:30 a.m with race to start around 10:00.
- Cost: Bring $5 to cover winning prize and various other haberdashery.
- Weather: If weather is bad, meet at 9:30 a.m. and participants can decide to race or postpone until Sun. Sept. 26th.