...aaaand we're back!

Eight hours, one 18" breaker bar and six bottles of High Life later, my car has a new timing belt, replacing a...pretty new timing belt. Oh well, now it's good until 400,000 miles.
This happened while attempting to get the harmonic balancer bolt out. It took a specialty tool (graciously lent to me by a Honda mechanic) with a three-foot long handle and a 1/2" drive breaker bar with a seatpost slid over the handle. And lots of torque. Things went well once I cracked open a Cold Wrench. "That bolt was torqued on in Japan."

2 comments:

SingletrackM1nd said...

I think I knew things were going to go awry when I saw the breaker bar bend at a 15 degree angle, just before the linkage snapped...

Mr DNA said...

Actually, I think that bolt was torqued on in Parsippany, NJ.

Post a Comment